Welcome to my
EMBODIED AWARENESS BLOG
click on a topic of interest from the Blog Menu and share your thoughts!
Embodiment is a state of being fully present and feeling fully alive. Ultimately, ’embodied awareness’ is a practice that helps you help yourself and others to experience a state of embodiment, a state in which you feel present and fully alive. The practice of embodied awareness may help you to
- Reduce stress and relax
- Improve relationships
- Evolve your brain
- Steady your heart
- Engage and expand your intuition
- Embody your spirit
Embodied Awareness is a term that is being used by many people these days–from somatic psychotherapists and yoga instructors to dancers and researchers on cognition and brain function. AND…embodied awareness is much more than just being in touch with our own body’s sensations and feelings.
Embodiment is about connection. It is about connection to your inner spiritual Source, your divine Self (with a capital “S”). Embodied awareness is also about connection with others, your environment and our world. According to ancient Egyptian traditions, we use our five senses along with seven more subtle senses to make these connections and awaken Self awareness. They are:
- Feeling the transmission of energy perceived as a clairsentient ‘gut feeling’ or ‘felt-sense’
- Transmission of emotions, perceived as a telepathic, empathic feeling in your heart, implies our ability to both send and receive emotional impressions
- Transmissions of ideas perceived as awareness of another’s intentions, a silent inner voice, word or thought; clairaudience
- Inner seeing and vision, which includes clairvoyant pictures or images, memories, dreams and symbolic impressions
- Spiritual discernment and direct knowing – allowing us to perceive a sense of karmic causes and effects that guide a deeper sense of what is ‘right’ based on an inner sense of direction that leads to liberation (as opposed to a ‘moral judgement’ of right-vs-wrong)
- Intuitive perception of patterns that extend beyond time and space awarding us with everything from creativity and creative problem solving to premonitions, de-ja-vu and precognition to predictions or prophecy
- Realization, (also known as satori, nirvana, enlightenment-or self-actualization). Self-realization, in particular, is a refined spiritual sense that awakens you to the realization of what you are here for, and who you truly are as a spiritual being occupying a human body
We are mediators between worlds–between physical and subtle realities. We process information about the physical world in the form of sound, light, heat, vibration, texture, movement and other sensory signals that are provided by our physical senses. Together with subtle inner signals, including emotions, thoughts, felt-senses, and other intuitive perceptions we receive input from seemingly invisible spiritual realities. The synergy of the two – outer physical and inner spiritual realities – helps us to become more insightful, more emotionally and spiritually mature
In this EMBODIED AWARENESS BLOG. . .we will be exploring the intersection of these experiences along with research, personal reflections from me and you, within the frame of cross-cultural wisdom teachings on embodied awareness.
I invite you to share your reflections, insights and experiences in this blog. Experience is our teacher, and by sharing we all grow and learn together.
WHO IS DR BETH HEDVA?
Dr. Beth Hedva, Author, Teacher and Healer, Dr. Hedva held core faculty appointments in Antioch University’s Department of Clinical Psychology, and John F. Kennedy University’s prestigious Department of Consciousness Studies in California. A Calgary psychologist, Dr. Beth Hedva was chosen to lead front line trauma recovery efforts in both of the two most deadly natural disasters of this century, and was invited to present her strategies and the results of her program at a United Nations symposium in New York.
Dr. Hedva is licensed as a Psychologist, trained and licensed and as a Marriage, Family and Child Counselor. She has practiced as a Clinical Parapsychologist – having worked as an ‘Expert Intuitive’ and liaison to the Office of Paranormal Investigation on research teams to explore ghosts, hauntings and poltergeists since its inception in 1989. Beth Hedva holds California State Board Certifications in medical hypnosis, and also somatic sexology, specializing in intimacy enhancement and sacred sexuality. Plus she is certified as a Diplomate in Clinical Psychology by the American Board of Psychological Specialties.
A past Director of the International Council of Psychologists, her award-winning book, Betrayal, Trust and Forgiveness, is required reading at Columbia University in New York. Her work continues with online training programs and speaking engagements where she combines a blend of spiritual and clinical practices with ancient and contemporary healing strategies to offers unique paths for personal and community healing and growth.
Currently Director of Training and Counselling with the Institute for Transpersonal and Integrative Sciences, Dr Beth Hedva’s Embodied Awareness and Spiritually Directed Therapy programs help people find new kinds of inner focus, stress release, personal confidence and healing in themselves that they can share with their families and others in the community.
TEL: +1 (403) 247-1441