Welcome to my
EMBODIED AWARENESS BLOG
click on a topic of interest from the Blog Menu and share your thoughts!
Embodiment is a state of being fully present and feeling fully alive. Ultimately, ’embodied awareness’ is a practice that helps you help yourself and others to experience a state of embodiment, a state in which you feel present and fully alive. The practice of embodied awareness may help you to
- Reduce stress and relax
- Improve relationships
- Evolve your brain
- Steady your heart
- Engage and expand your intuition
- Embody your spirit
5 Steps to Embodied Awareness:
- Connect to inner and outer healing resources. Use breath work, energy work and personally meaningful spiritual practice together with outer community supports / healing social connections
- Observe, and become mindful of stress reactions–assess traumatic reactions, shock, crisis, grief or mourning, and mental health concerns–to awaken nonjudgmental inner awareness in support of mental health
- Deep listening with your whole body, heart, and soul. Listen empathically – telepathically to your own and others feelings, needs, fears and stories for emotional health
- Engage intuition and creativity using all 12 senses of Embodied Awareness. Gain meaningful insights, personal healing and inner-directed guidance on your next – steps
- Empower and incorporate (embody) inner-guidance through the practice of “doing what helps over what hurts. Intuition is integrated through action. ‘Lead by example’ to extend emotional healing, spiritual maturity and Self-renewal into community healing
Embodied Awareness is a term that is being used by many people these days–from somatic psychotherapists and yoga instructors to dancers and researchers on cognition and brain function. AND…embodied awareness is much more than just being in touch with our own body’s sensations and feelings.
Embodiment is about connection.
It is about connection to your inner spiritual Source, your divine Self (with a capital “S”). Embodied awareness is also about connection with others, your environment and our world. According to ancient Egyptian traditions, we use our five senses along with seven more subtle senses to make these connections and awaken Self awareness. They are:
- Feeling the transmission of energy perceived as a clairsentient ‘gut feeling’ or ‘felt-sense’
- Transmission of emotions, perceived as a telepathic, empathic feeling in your heart, implies our ability to both send and receive emotional impressions
- Transmissions of ideas perceived as awareness of another’s intentions, a silent inner voice, word or thought; clairaudience
- Inner seeing and vision, which includes clairvoyant pictures or images, memories, dreams and symbolic impressions
- Spiritual discernment and direct knowing – allowing us to perceive a sense of karmic causes and effects that guide a deeper sense of what is ‘right’ based on an inner sense of direction that leads to liberation (as opposed to a ‘moral judgment’ of right-vs-wrong)
- Intuitive perception of patterns that extend beyond time and space awarding us with everything from creativity and innovative-creative problem solving, to premonitions, de-ja-vu and precognition, to predictions or prophecy
- Realization, (also known as satori, nirvana, enlightenment, Self-realization, or self-actualization). Realization is a refined spiritual sense that awakens you to the realization of what you are here for, and who you truly are as a spiritual being occupying a human body–in other words–Embodied Awareness.
We are mediators between worlds–between physical and subtle realities. We process information about the physical world in the form of sound, light, heat, vibration, texture, movement and other sensory signals that are provided by our physical senses. Together with subtle inner signals, including emotions, thoughts, felt-senses, and other intuitive perceptions we receive input from seemingly invisible spiritual realities. The synergy of the two – outer physical and inner spiritual realities – helps us to become more insightful, more emotionally and spiritually mature
In this EMBODIED AWARENESS BLOG. . .we will be exploring the intersection of these experiences along with research, personal reflections from me and you, within the frame of cross-cultural wisdom teachings on embodied awareness.
I invite you to share your reflections, insights and experiences in this blog. Experience is our teacher, and by sharing we all grow and learn together.
TEL: +1 (403) 247-1441